Save The Date!
Upstate Inspired: Connecting Planners. Creating Communities
October 3-5, 2018
The chapter’s annual conference, hosted this year by the Southern Tier Section, will take place Wednesday October 3rd through Friday October 5th at The Hotel Ithaca in downtown Ithaca, NY. The conference will bring together planners, students, elected officials, and allied professionals to emphasize the wide-ranging, important, and inspiring planning work that is taking place all across New York State.
The organizing committee for the 2018 Annual Conference of the NY Upstate APA seeks proposals for conference sessions that highlight new trends, innovative practices and creative tools in:
- Resilient, adaptive and sustainable community planning
- Urban development·Small town and rural planning
- Diversity, participation and inclusion
- Affordable housing
Sessions are also sought on both ethics and law which would fulfill the 1.5 hours of AICP Certification Maintenance (CM), which could, but do not need to have, a focus on one or more of the above topics.
Typical sessions will run approximately 90 minutes, though shorter duration proposals will also be considered. Sessions will be evaluated based on:
- Level of connection with the conference “Upstate Inspired” theme and suggested subject areas,
- Ability to show the balance and contrasts associated with the given topic,
- Overall quality, timeliness and professional development value,
- Likelihood of the session to help grow cross-disciplinary relationships among participants, and
- The level to which the session is creatively interactive.
Submit a conference proposal for consideration by July 20th through the short online form. Contacts: Scott Doyle, 2018 NYUAPA Conference Program Chair, email@example.com, 607-274-5560 or Tom Knipe, 2018 NYUAPA Conference Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-274-6554