Position in: Albany, NY
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) fosters the creation and preservation of high quality affordable housing, while working strategically to revitalize neighborhoods and communities throughout the Empire State. Under the leadership of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Commissioner RuthAnne Visnauskas, HCR is a vibrant, innovative agency that integrates and leverages New York State’s housing resources. We have offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, and employ a diverse workforce of professionals who are hard-working and committed to serving low and moderate income families. Our mission is far reaching, encompassing single and multifamily housing finance, home improvement, rent regulation, housing subsidies, and community development. We partner regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders.
Achieving this mission requires a wide range of skills and backgrounds in public policy, administration, real estate, architecture, finance, law and many other areas of expertise. We seek to provide a workplace environment that is productive, flexible, accountable, ethical and caring. Our employees are empowered to make a difference where they live and work. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and family-friendly policies.
HCR’s Mission and Goals:
· Partner to improve and preserve New York State’s homes and communities
· Finance and leverage resources to create and preserve safe, decent and affordable housing for the States low-moderate income individuals and families
· Support the revitalization and economic growth of the State’s destressed communities and neighborhoods
· Increase compliance with rent laws and regulations in order to protect the legal rights and obligations of tenants and owners: and
· Proactively enforce rent regulations and identify potential fraud.
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (NYSHCR) consists of all the major housing and community renewal agencies of New York State, which were recently merged and integrated under a single management structure.
The Office of Professional Services (OPS)is responsible for all administrative and support services, including Human Resources, Communications and Public Information, Legal Affairs, Fair Housing, Policy Development, Competitive Procurement and Contract Management, Fiscal Planning, Accounting and Treasury Services, Facilities and Building Management Services, Internal Audit, Project Management and Information Technology Services. OPS values professionals that enjoy working in a fast‐paced environment and who have the skills required to effectively plan, direct, and coordinate HCR’s wide array of support services.
Position Summary: A Finance Assistant is needed to aid the various program units in the administration of various activities. Reporting primarily to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will assist the Financial Operations, Accounting Operations, and Programmatic Payment, and Mortgage Servicing units with daily operations and tracking activities. This person will assist with HTFC accounts payable and receivable; both front end and back end processing of programmatic payments; tracking and processing of mortgage servicing invoices and payments; and data entry into various systems managed by the Corporation.The starting salary for the Finance Assistant is $48,857.
Duties:Under the direction of the Senior Finance Assistant, the Finance Assistant will:
· Aid in the processing of programmatic payments for both the programmatic payment processing unit and the financial operations
· Provide additional support for invoicing and payment process.
· Filing and scanning of finance related documents on a daily basis including but not limited to paymentfiles, warrants, supporting documentation.
· Assist in the processing of routine check deposits.
· Entering required information into various systems including but not limited to the Statewide Financial System (SFS), various internal agency systems, SharePoint systems, and external programmatic systems
· Assisting with daily banking reports and accounts payable
· Processing supply requisitions on a monthly basis.
· Other duties as assigned
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Desired Skills:
· Advanced Excel and Word
· Accounts Payable/Receivable Experience
· Familiarity with SharePoint systems
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
· Exciting opportunity to be part of New York’s resurgence to greatness;
· Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits;
· Promotional opportunity for dedicated professionals.
TO APPLY, please send resume and cover letter to: HTFCJobs@nyshcr.org
Please include the name of the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)