Laberge Group is looking to add an experienced Planner to our expanding team! We work with a variety of municipalities to create custom comprehensive plans, update existing plans, and improve communities throughout New York. We specialize in public outreach and engagement, revitalization efforts, community planning, with a focus on implementation. This individual will work collaboratively with our team to assist with a wide range of municipal clients, as well as assist with a wide variety of planning documents.
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing:
· Perform basic research and analytical tasks
· Prepare maps and graphics
· Assist in writing a variety of planning documents (i.e.; revitalization strategies, comprehensive plans, feasibility studies, streetscapes)
· Create presentation materials
· Attend public meetings, facilitate focus groups and stakeholder meetings
· Attend client meetings, take notes, and respond to technical questions as needed
· Establish & maintain positive relationships with co-workers, support and build others on the team and across disciplines/offices
· Be responsive to others and share information to improve efficiency and help others achieve goals; listen and engage in productive and critical debate
· Suggest new ideas and processes; stay informed of developments in practice areas; view obstacles as opportunities
· Bachelors degree in Community, Regional or Urban Planning or a related field from an accredited university, or commensurate combination of education and experience required. Masters preferred.
· Excellent technical writing and computer skills are required.
· Must be accomplished in the management of multiple projects with excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work as a member of a team
· Ability to work on multiple projects in different phases at the same time
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required.
· Experience Adobe Creative Suite and ESRI ArcGIS software preferred.
· Excellent work ethic.
Salary or hourly rate will be based on experience.
The position is based in Albany, NY.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Laberge Group, 4 Computer Dr. Albany, NY or e-mail email@example.com.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Laberge Group, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has provided quality Engineering, Survey, Planning and Architectural services to government and private sector clients throughout New York for over 50 years. Visit our website at www.LabergeGroup.com