Grant Programs Manager
LaBella Associates, D.P.C. is consistently ranked by its employees as one of Rochester’s Top Workplaces and was recently named a certified Great Place to Work. We are headquartered in Rochester’s historic High Falls Districtwith offices across New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New England. We are a multi-disciplined architectural, engineering and planning firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust.
LaBella Associates seeks a Grant Program Manager to join either our Downtown Rochester office or Downtown Buffalo office. Under general supervision of the Director of Planning the ideal candidate will have experience in applying for and administering grants. Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential for the position.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an eagerness to learn any of these duties. Some of the duties the candidate may be involved in include:
· Applying for state and federal grants
· Administering state and federal grants including compliance with state and federal regulations
· Identifying grant opportunities for clients
· Packaging grant funding to facilitate project implementation
· Acting as a liaison between clients and grant agencies
· Attending meetings at project sites and municipal offices
The individual hired will be trained by senior level grant staff on the duties required for the position. The preferred skills include:
· Ability to write persuasively
· Ability to work with a variety of clients in communities of all sizes
· Record keeping, budgeting, and organizational skills
· Self-motivated with an eagerness to learn
· Basic computer skills (Windows Office)
Some desired skills (but not necessarily required) include:
· Familiarity with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) grants
· Familiarity with SEQR/NEPA and SHPO reviews as well as prevailing wage rate rules/reporting.
· Candidates with a master’s or bachelor’s degree will be considered
· Experience working with government agencies
LaBella offers very competitive salaries, a strong benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, professional development, paid time off, 401(k) and much more.
Apply for the position here:
If you are willing to work in either location apply to one and note it in your comments or cover letter.