New York Upstate Chapter of the American Planning Association Annual Conference
October 3rd - 5th, 2018
The organizing committee for the 2018 Annual Conference of the NY Upstate APA seeks proposals for conference sessions that highlight new trends, innovative practices and creative tools in:
- Resilient, adaptive and sustainable community planning
- Urban development·Small town and rural planning
- Diversity, participation and inclusion
- Affordable housing·Mobility
Sessions are also sought on both ethics and law which would fulfill the 1.5 hours of AICP Certification Maintenance (CM), which could, but do not need to have, a focus on one or more of the above topics.
Typical sessions will run approximately 90 minutes, though shorter duration proposals will also be considered. Sessions will be evaluated based on:
- Level of connection with the conference “Upstate Inspired” theme and suggested subject areas,
- Ability to show the balance and contrasts associated with the given topic,
- Overall quality, timeliness and professional development value,
- Likelihood of the session to help grow cross-disciplinary relationships among participants, and
- The level to which the session is creatively interactive.
Submit a conference proposal for consideration by July 20th through the short online form. Contacts: Scott Doyle, 2018 NYUAPA Conference Program Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-274-5560 or Tom Knipe, 2018 NYUAPA Conference Committee Chair, email@example.com, 607-274-6554