The Town of Danville has received a Better Connections grant from the Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans) and Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) to develop a multi-modal travel corridor from the gateway of the Village Center to the West Danville village core at Joe’s Pond. The Town is seeking the services of a qualified consultant to develop a detailed master plan for key activity nodes along this corridor. (See attached Project Area Map). Anticipated outcomes from this master planning project are:
• Safe trail crossings;
• Trail connectivity to the Village Center;
• Parking in and around activity nodes;
• Village Center development and redevelopment opportunities, including the historic train depot;
• Multimodal linkage between Danville Village and West Danville; and
• Effective marketing, economic development strategies and wayfinding to connect trail users and Route 2 travelers to local attractions and businesses.
For more information, see the Attached Document.