The Greater Mohawk Valley Land Bank (GMVLB) is a community development organization. The mission of the organization is to strategically acquire abandoned properties, eliminate barriers to their redevelopment, and sell rehabilitated properties to new, responsible owners to return the property to the tax rolls. Land Bank activities will support related community revitalization efforts including, but not limited to, zoning amendments, code enforcement, comprehensive plan updates, community health initiatives, and small business and workforce housing development.
We are seeking a full-time office administrator to support the staff as follows:
- Coordinate office activities to assure efficiency and compliance with policies
- Manage agendas
- Manage phone calls and correspondence
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases
- Track stocks of office supplies and order when necessary
- Prepare proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Take minutes of Board & Committee meetings
Preferred candidates will:
- Have an interest in community development and civic service
- Have experience in office administration
- Show technological aptitude (experience with Apple Mac computers a plus)
- Demonstrate an ability to adapt to different work environments
- Show dependability and attention to detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have purchasing experience
- Have experience with online marketing and social media
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and some knowledge of QuickBooks
The office will be located in Central Herkimer County. We are looking for someone who has flexibility in their schedule, as there will be some evening meetings. As a full-time position, work weeks will average between 35 and 40 hours per week.
The salary for this position will range between $30,000 and $35,000 annually, depending on qualifications; benefits, including paid vacation time, will also be part of the compensation package.
Please forward a cover letter, resume (including your email address & phone number) and three (3) references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via USPS mail (please no phone calls) to:
c/o Greater Mohawk Valley Land Bank
PO Box 69
Mohawk, NY 13407-0069
Deadline for submission is Monday, February 26th, 2018 at 5 PM. Resumes submitted without cover letter and references will not be considered.
Please Note: The Greater Mohawk Valley Land Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is the policy of the Land Bank to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.