The City of Saratoga Springs, (hereafter referred to as the "City"), is Requesting Proposals from qualified firms to provide professional planning, design, and sustainability analysis services to complete a comprehensive revision of the City of Saratoga Springs regulatory code to incorporate many new sustainable initiatives, and to synchronize current policy and regulatory documents. The consultant will be joining this initiative mid-stream and will be expected to review work products and comments to date as they complete the tasks set forth below. All files created to date will be shared with the selected consultant.
The goal of this project is to revise the City’s Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Regulations, and Building and Construction Standards and Details to synchronize current policy and regulatory documents, incorporate new sustainability initiatives, and provide a regulatory framework for implementation of the 2015 Comprehensive Plan. In order to accomplish this goal, the Consultant, with support of the City, shall complete the following tasks to create a Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) that combines these regulatory documents into one, unified document:
• A review and update of the Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations to incorporate the City's sustainability policies and initiatives as well as codify the 2015 update to the City of Saratoga Springs' Comprehensive Plan;
• Integrate revised Building Construction Standards and Details to promote and ensure more sustainable development practices such as energy efficiency, pollution reduction, stormwater management and similar practices;
• Coordinate and promote the City's long-term sustainability objectives during the execution of this project;
• Incorporate relevant city adopted policies and plans such as the Open Space Master Plan, Complete Streets Plan and Policy, Saratoga Greenbelt Trail Plan, and the Urban and Community Forest Master Plan; and
• Update the format and structure to be more user-friendly and intuitive including the use of illustrations or other graphics to convey standards.
This project is funded with a grant from New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) under the Cleaner, Greener Communities (CGC) Program.
The City intends to develop a final scope of work, schedule and fee in collaboration with the selected consultant. The Consultant shall meet all of the City’s requirements included within this RFP.
Date of Issue: January 25, 2018
Deadline for Questions: January 31, 2018
Responses to Questions Posted: February 7, 2018
Proposal Submittal Deadline: February 14, 2018 / 5pm
For more details, see the Attached Document.