Job Description: Executive Director
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the Strafford Regional Planning Commission (SRPC), the Strafford Economic Development District (Strafford EDD), and the Strafford Metropolitan Planning Organization (Strafford MPO). This position provides leadership and direction to employees and develops and manages a budget funded through federal, state, local, and private agreements and contracts, voluntary contributions, and donations.
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to carry out the Commission’s mission consistent with state and federal laws and regulations. This responsibility includes ensuring that awarded funds are properly managed, contractual obligations are fulfilled, tasks described in scopes of work are completed on time and with quality products, and administrative, personnel, and fiduciary responsibilities of the Commission are met.
- Diverse planning experience in terms of geography (rural, metro), governance (municipal, county, state, regional, federal, tribal), or specialties (water, environment, transportation, land use, housing).
- Experience with transportation-related planning at a metropolitan planning organization, a rural planning organization, or similar entity.
- Experience with municipal or county-level land use planning, such as master planning, subdivision and site plan review, or special studies.
- Experience working with volunteer or nonprofit environmental, conservation, or water resource groups.
- Experience with regional or county economic development planning.
- Strategic actor who sees opportunities and creates success for municipalities, region, and partners.
- Entrepreneurial view of government regarding the provision of public services and facilities while demonstrating excellence in standards, ethics and accountability to the Commission and funders.
For more information, see the online job posting: http://new.strafford.org/admin/employdetail.php?28