City Manager—Geneva, New York (pop. 13,250)
Leave Your Imprint on a True Small-City Renaissance!
The City of Geneva, in the bustling Finger Lakes Region of upstate New York, is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented leader to continue its march toward economic rebirth. The City has adopted market-driven principles and collaboration-based solutions to urban challenges. These efforts are bearing fruit with a vibrant, mixed-use historic downtown district, revitalized neighborhoods, and drastically enhanced community pride.
The incoming City Manager will leverage the talents of 130 dedicated staffers and scores of community partners to move the community toward its vision of being a beautiful, prosperous, equitable, connected, and sustainable city. Near-term objectives include shepherding over $30 million in planned capital investment across the public and private sectors in downtown Geneva, fostering inclusive hiring strategies to diversify the City’s workforce, development of an economic opportunity blueprint, and supporting programs and projects to protect and enhance Seneca Lake and our expansive set of environmental assets.
Successful candidates offer us…
• Track record of leveraging limited resources to deliver measurable results against long range plans;
• Strong background in economic development, budget development and management, team leadership, and labor relationships;
• Five years minimum, 7 to 10 years preferred, of senior level management experience in a community of similar size and functionality as the City of Geneva; and
• Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field
We offer you…
• An opportunity to shape a regionally-acclaimed, full-service community; leaving your imprint on a true small-city renaissance;
• Competitive salary and benefits package, including regionally competitive salary, health care benefits, enrollment in New York State Retirement System, and performance incentives
• Submit Ontario County Application, resume, salary history, and five professional references to Jennifer Slywka, Director of Human Resources (email@example.com)
• Include a cover letter with specific examples of work you’ve done that aligns with the City’s comprehensive plan and related strategies. The plan can be found at the City’s website (www.cityofgenevany.com)
• First resume review will commence March 1, 2018