JOB SUMMARY: The Building and Planning Coordinator is in charge of building and planning in one of the fastest growing communities in Saratoga County in upstate New York largely in part to the Town’s advance and forward thinking approach to planning as well as being home to nanotechnology chip manufacturer GlobalFoundries. The Coordinator shall have the duty to oversee the enforcement, administration of, and compliance with all aspects of planning, zoning, fire safety and prevention, building construction, the environment, development and all such other areas as the Town Board may deem appropriate as set forth in the Town’s Comprehensive Master Plan, Form Based Code, Commercial Overlay Districts, Townwide Generic Environmental Impact Statement, the Town Code, Town Law of the State of New York, General Municipal Law of the State of New York, New York Codes, Rules and Regulations, the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code Act and other applicable laws and regulations. Must demonstrate ability to perform such duties with a high level of integrity.
SALARY – Minimum Starting Annual Salary of $80,344 plus benefits
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
a) Master’s Degree in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Science, Landscape Architecture, Sociology, Civil Technology, Public Administrator or related field; and at least two (2) years of satisfactory experience in community planning and building construction; or
b) Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Science, Landscape Architecture, Sociology, Civil Technology, Public Administrator or related field; and at least four (4) years of satisfactory experience in community planning and building construction; or
c) An equivalent combination of training and experience.
SUBMIT RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
TOWN OF MALTA
KEVIN T. KING, COMPTROLLER
2540 ROUTE 9
MALTA, NEW YORK 12020
PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT SUBJECT TO CIVIL SERVICE TESTING
POSITION NEEDS TO BE FILLED IMMEDIATELY. INTERVIEWS TO BE CONDUCTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Coordinate all planning activities of the Town with the Planning Board Chairperson, Town Engineer, Town Board, Town Attorney and applicant.
2. Meet with developers and property owners prior to application and during review process.
3. Review and approve planning and zoning review applications for completeness and compliance with applicable planning and zoning regulations and documents.
4. Establish Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals meeting agendas.
5. Review final planning and zoning maps for completeness.
6. Ensure that all projects move efficiently between Boards and that all pertinent issues are properly addressed.
7. Update the various Boards as to the status of projects.
8. Regularly Report to the Town Supervisor on project status and problem areas.
9. Provide recommendation and assistance in the preparation of comprehensive land use, zoning and economic development plans.
10. Prepare or supervise the preparation of a variety of planning statistics, data, plans, designs and layouts to scale.
11. Confer with government officials and representatives of various professions and lay groups and other regarding planning policies and objectives.
12. Collect, analyze and interpret data related to planning matters in the Town such as population reports, industrial, commercial and residential development.
13. Determine environmental impacts of proposed projects.
14. Attend Town Board, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Special Committee meetings and workshops as necessary.
15. Act as liaison between various boards, committees, developers and applicants.
16. Assist the Town Board, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Special Committees with any special needs.
17. Attend County and State planning board meetings/workshops as necessary.
18. Establish and review the departments bookkeeping procedures and records and prepare monthly and annual reports.
19. Maintain and account for developer escrow accounts.
20. Oversee/Supervise all activities and operations of the Department.
21. Attend workshops and seminars to maintain certification and working knowledge of changes in the building and planning profession.
22. Prepare and submit budget estimates to the Budget Offices.
23. Operate a variety of office and computer equipment.