Transportation planning experience, preferably some experience with infrastructure and operations planning, capital program management, and project management. Strong technical skills, writing skills, and presentation skills are important, as well as strong organizational skills. Demonstrated success in budgeting for and managing planning tasks are required. Proficiency in the use of GIS and other analytic tools is considered a plus. CDTC’s work environment requires every staff member to display sound judgment and initiative in working with limited supervision. The individual selected will be expected to independently develop task work programs, conduct technical work, engage with stakeholders and the public, manage consultant assistance and complete successful planning efforts in a timely fashion. Interested individuals should possess a Master’s Degree in transportation planning, urban and regional planning, or related field.
- Undertake limited transportation studies with minimum supervision.
- Undertake major data analysis and research tasks.
- Prepare documentation of transportation studies and make presentations.
- Serve as a liaison with one or more transportation planning agencies in the region to provide information and/or assistance on various transportation-related tasks.
- Represent CDTC at public or technical meetings directly related to work efforts.
- Responsible for preparation of portions of major CDTC planning elements including UPWP, RTP, TIP, etc.
- Supervise technical and support staff on individual task basis.
The Capital District Transportation Committee (CDTC) is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York, and the employees of the Capital District Transportation Committee are not state employees. However, CDTC employees do participate in the New York State and Local Retirement System, and do receive fringe benefits that are similar to state employees, including medical and dental insurance; and vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Salary range begins at $56,201.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Send cover letter and resume to:
Capital District Transportation Committee
One Park Place
Albany, New York 12205