Cypress Creek Renewables is a developer and long-term owner of solar energy facilities with development assets in markets across the United States. Cypress combines extensive development experience with a deep track record of successful transactions. It is our mission to develop, finance, and own as many megawatts of solar power as possible because we believe that solar is the key to a cleaner, more affordable, and more reliable energy future.
Cypress Creek Renewables seeks a talented, organized, and highly motivated individual to manage the zoning process, and related community outreach activities, for utility scale solar projects throughout New York State. The position will involve zoning diligence activities, application development and submittal, hearing and various meeting attendance, community outreach strategy development and implementation, and other items, as necessary, to achieve zoning approval. The successful individual will report directly to the Sr. Zoning and Outreach Manager and will work closely with internal zoning, engineering, finance, and other team members, as well as external counsel and other consultants.
The successful candidate will work remotely from his/her home in NY and this position involves frequent travel to sites within NY. Travel will involve use of personal car with mileage reimbursed. The successful candidate must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Responsibilities may include, but are not be limited to, the following:
• Represent Cypress Creek Renewables at pre-application, Planning Board, Board of Commissioners, Town Board, Board of Adjustment, and City Council meetings, in conjunction with development partners, attorneys and relevant experts
• Navigate county level GIS, locate relevant ordinances, and contact local jurisdictions to determine zoning process
• Prepare and submit rezone, variance, Special Use Permit, and Conditional Use Permit applications
• Manage development of zoning site plans to ensure projects comply with all relevant ordinances
• Prepare for hearings and meetings by researching local zoning ordinances, future land use plans, and comprehensive land use plans, and by managing development of appropriate materials in collaboration with internal and external team members
• Interface with landowners and host jurisdiction stakeholders and others on site visits to proposed development locations
• Develop community outreach strategy, which may include developing and deploying mailers, organizing and running community meetings, and going door to door to engage local community
• Respond to all community inquiries/concerns
• Manage external zoning related contractors/legal counsel/consultants and internal engineering/finance/other support related to the zoning process
• Regularly track and update zoning management and community engagement activities on shared internal database to keep internal colleagues aware of on-going communications, activities, and developments
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Four-year degree in public policy/planning, environmental science, sustainability, or equivalent
• 3+ years’ experience required in land use permitting, either in public or private sector
• Background in community development and/or government relations, community/public/media relations, commercial development, or corporate communications
• Project management, organizational, and analytical problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, negotiation, and influencing skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team and take the initiative to follow up as needed
• Proficiency in project management software and MS Office suite
• Experience in solar industry a plus, but not required
Position is remote for New York State resident and will require significant travel (up to 100%).
Cypress Creek Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Cypress Creek Renewables is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply online, go to: http://grnh.se/ta2egr1