Southern Tier East (STE) Regional Planning Development Board is seeking a temporary, part-time assistant to support public outreach campaign and host public events. The community outreach intern should be excited to work as an events coordinator, social media publisher, and brand speaker at public events for the Broome Tioga Stormwater Coalition (BTSC). We’re looking for a candidate who possesses attention to detail, an ability to translate vision into action, and has a personable approach to working with crowds to promote the waterfromrain public education and outreach campaign. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize social media platforms to further the mission and increase the visibility of the BTSC and STE.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with event logistics and preparation including but not limited to: event coordination, presentation materials and volunteer assistance.
- Professional writing, including maintaining a social media presence and preparing responses, campaigns, promotional materials and follow-up reporting.
- Newly graduated or enrolled at a Community College or University, with a degree in Planning, Marketing, Public Relations, Event Coordination, Communications, or a related field.
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, including but not limited to written communication, social media, telephone calls and in-person interaction.
- Must be available to work some Thursdays and Fridays & Saturdays.
- Flexibility and desire to work in an office setting and at outdoor events.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software and GIS a plus.
- Position approximately 10 hours per week.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and/or ability to travel between Binghamton and Owego.
- How to Apply:
Applications for our Community Outreach Intern should include a cover letter, telling us your story and interests, as well as your résumé, and a work sample if available. Submit your application as a single PDF file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org