The Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council (G/FLRPC) is seeking applicants for a fulltime position as a Clean Energy Communities Coordinator for up to the next two years. The successful applicant will be a G/FLRPC Planner and carry out tasks related to the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) Clean Energy Communities program.
Duties as a Clean Energy Communities Coordinator will primarily include conducting outreach and delivering technical assistance services and guidance to communities interested in pursuing clean energy planning and projects specific to the Clean Energy Communities program. The duties will include:
- Assist local governments with understanding and completing the required actions to become “Clean Energy Communities” eligible to access associated NYSERDA grant resources.
- Assist local governments in completing local greenhouse gas emissions inventories, benchmarking the energy use of municipal buildings and assisting communities in reducing greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy projects.
- Assist local governments to become Climate Smart Communities Certified.
- Assist local governments in adopting model codes and streamlined clean energy permitting processes.
- Assist communities in increasing the deployment of alternative fuel vehicles and associated fueling infrastructure.
- Conduct local on-site training and workshops to groups of interested local officials and community stakeholders on the Clean Energy Communities Program and specific clean energy topics.
- Identify and connect communities with relevant clean energy programs and grant opportunities.
- Other energy and planning tasks related to fulfilling the role of a Clean Energy Communities Coordinator.
Minimum qualifications are a Master’s Degree in urban planning, environmental science or a related field and experience in sustainability/energy planning, or, a Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning, environmental science or a related field and experience in sustainability/energy planning; must be knowledgeable about clean energy, climate action planning, NY State local government operations, and NYSERDA programs; and must have strong writing and public speaking skills. The position will require travel and include evening meetings. Currently, this is approximately two years remaining for this program.
Information on the Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council can be found at http://www.gflrpc.org. Additional information on the Clean Energy Communities Program can be found at http://www.nyserda.ny.gov/cec.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to David Zorn, G/FLRPC, 50 West Main Street, Suite 8107, Rochester, NY 14614, email@example.com and be available for at least one in-person interview. This posting may change and will remain open until the position is filled.