The ideal candidate will be a member of the American Planning Association and is either a current member of a planning or zoning board; or, has worked in a planning capacity with a municipal board with significant experience in writing. The primary responsibility of the position is to perform the following:
· Work on annual conference as pertains to conference sessions; speakers; preparation of conference program including obtaining bios of all sessions speakers and coordinate the time that sessions will be offered.
· Work with Dept. of State on securing Code Enforcement Credits for specific conference sessions and advertising sessions
· Work with both APA on securing CM credit for AICP sessions and The New York State Bar Association for CLE Credit
· Prepare quarterly newsletter including but not exclusive to interviewing various planning and zba members as pertains to current land use law court cases
· Prepare monthly enews
· Research on grant funding opportunites and writing of grant proposals.
Position is part-time, approximately 15-20 hours per week. Hourly rate will be based on experience.
Judith H. Breselor, AICP
New York Planning Federation
600 Broadway - Suite 1
Albany NY 12207