The Partnership for Community Development (PCD) is an enterprising non-profit serving the Hamilton, NY area. Established in 1998, the PCD works closely with our partners- the Village of Hamilton, the Town of Hamilton and Colgate University- to foster economic development and community vitality through imaginative community-based projects. Our work includes working with the business community to grow our entrepreneurial ecosystem, enhancing the use of local food, promoting outdoor recreation, overseeing housing initiatives, and a number of other exciting projects. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position participates in the day-to- day activities of the organization with a wide range of responsibilities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the planning, organizing and implementation of policies and programs to encourage economic and community development in the Hamilton area.
- Represents PCD in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Grant writing and grant management.
- Project management, including leading committees and groups.
- Conducts research to evaluate regional, state and federal economic development program opportunities.
- Provides research and technical assistance to businesses and the community, as needed.
- Performs marketing tasks for organization including a monthly e-newsletter, social media, website management, creation of promotional materials, and other outreach efforts as needed.
- Coordinating and hosting community events.
Bachelor’s degree in planning, business, or a related field.
$21/hr approximately 25 hours per week, plus the opportunity to work in an innovative and progressive organization. The position could become full-time in the future.
Send cover letter, resume, a writing sample and three professional references to email@example.com by January 13th, 2017.