Laberge Group based in Albany, New York has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and talented mid-level planner. This individual will work collaboratively with our team to prepare and assist in the preparation of:
- Comprehensive & Master Plans
- Zoning Regulations & Land Use Ordinances
- Planning & Zoning Review
- Shared Services, Consolidation, and Dissolution Studies
- Brownfield Opportunity Area Plans
- Open Space/Recreation Plans
- Environmental Assessments (SEQR/NEPA)
- Community Development Strategic Plans
- Main Street & Downtown Revitalization Plans
- Waterfront Revitalization Plans
- Economic Development Plans
- Grant Writing, Administration and Management
The preferred individual will have significant experience in zoning, the local land use approval process, and shall possess the skills to take a lead role in managing tasks. We are looking for a planner who can communicate (written and verbally), has a strong technical aptitude, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelors in planning or related field required; Masters and AICP preferred.
- Six (6) years’ experience.
- Must be a skilled public presenter.
- Proficient with zoning and land use codes; form based code experience preferred.
- Excellent technical writing and computer skills are required.
- Must be accomplished in the management of multiple projects with excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required
- Experience using state of the art techniques to complex assignments using ESRI ArcGIS software, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Publisher preferred.
- Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Laberge Group, 4 Computer Dr. Albany, NY or e-mail email@example.com.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Laberge Group, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has provided quality Engineering, Survey, Planning and Architectural services to government and private sector clients throughout New York for over 50 years. Visit our website at www.LabergeGroup.com